This small but expanding Non-Profit organization, working in community development especially in the Eastern Cape, is looking to appoint an Operations Manager, who will support the Executive Director in the new phase of growth and expansion of the organisation’s mission to support communities, especially those involving children impacted by HIV, Poverty, and poor Family support. You will be part of the Management team, and will focus on the effective use of Financial resources as well as Human Resources functions.
This newly developed role is initially on a part-time basis – possibly mornings only or flexi-days in the week and can partly work from home. Ideally, you will have strong Operations skills and efficiency levels to maintain the successful output of this role.
The Key areas of Responsibility :-
FINANCES AND BUDGETS
- Working closely with the Financial Manager, accountability for the effective use of financial resources, including handling of some aspects of bookkeeping, and assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts and also annual audit.
- Prime responsibility for developing, reforecasting and monitoring of organizational and project budgets, with support from Financial Manager, Executive Director, and Treasurer on the Board, ensuring alignment with projects and strategic goals.
- Effective management of all Grant Funding including all record keeping, and deadlines for reporting are adhered to.
- All purchase orders, register of purchases, and drawing up of Funding requests from the UK Office when necessary.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Responsibility for building team culture in the organization, and help Executive Director with planning of human resources
- Lead the recruitment process and placement of staff, as well as managing performance of the teams, team building events and capacity building activities.
- Ensure all HR Administration is handled and managed in a confidential manner.
- Ensure all travel for staff, donors, and other partners is handled in line with organizational policies.
The operations manager will be responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating all risk factors for the organisation.
This position holds responsibility for drafting and reviewing contracts with partners, service providers, grant agreements, leases. Insurance agreements and Memoranda of Understanding in line with company requirements and policies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-Secondary degree (in Management, Finance, international Development or Public Health or similar)
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in a similar Operations Management role – including Financial bookkeeping, (Sage system), audit preparation, and development and management of budgets.
- Sound knowledge of HR legislation, performance and recruitment processes
- Advanced Excel skills as week as strong skills in Sage and other Microsoft packages
- Excellent multitasking and organizational skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders, and good motivational ability to build teams internally.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.
Apply For job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.