THIS FINANCIAL MANAGER MUST HAVE SOUND EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE NON-PROFIT SECTOR IN TERMS OF DONOR REPORTING , TRUST ACCOUNTING AND GOVERNANCE.
This Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for all financial and management reporting ensuring best practice and sound financial governance at all times, which will include the following overall duties :
- Ensuring accounting records are maintained to deadlines. Record general journals / adjustments monthly and annually, post audit bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and review management accounts, including cash flow forecast.
- Prepare regular financial reports for the Treasurer and the Board of Trustees.
- Donor management and reporting
- Prepare and maintain annual budget, and manage shortfalls.
- Cost control.
- Implement, update and improve financial policy when required and in line with new statutory regulations..
- Attend to annual audit procedures.
- Monitor investment accounts, and request transfers as needed.
- Organisational compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements
- Payroll (for 50 staff members) on Integrity Payroll
- All HR Administration.
- Manage a team of 4 staff members (administration and financial staff).
Requirements for the successful candidate:
- B. Com in Accounting or Management Accounting, or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Proven track record in financial management IN THE NPO SECTOR
- Previous experience in working with donors / funders on financial reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Pastel Partner. Knowledge of Integrity Payroll System an advantage.
- Trust law knowledge an advantage.
- Good problem-solving skills, high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Inclination to constantly improving systems and processes.
- Strategic thinking, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and ensure all functions meet regulatory standards
- Preference for a person who works well in a team.
- Drivers Licence and own vehicle a strong recommendation.
- Hours of work, weekdays from 8h30 – 16h30
Please send CV giving illustration of non-profit accounting experience, donor reporting and organisations in which you have worked.
PLEASE PROVIDE CURRENT OR RECENT MONTHLY SALARY LEVEL AND IF BENEFITS ARE INCLUDED.
SEND CV to Pat@anchorexec.co.za