This exciting position within a Non-Profit organisation whose aim is to mobilise resources that enhance public health services through collaboration with public and private stakeholders, and they are uniquely positioned to collaborate with the Department of Health to improve service delivery across all spheres of Health Services in the greater Western Cape
The team has recently secured funding for a three-year project to support the effective use of health systems data to inform and improve TB, HIV and general health service delivery and outcomes in the Western Cape. The project will utilise data from the recently established Provincial Health Data Centre which provides an unprecedented level of data for clinical and operational purposes. Therefore we are looking to appoint a well-qualified GRANT MANAGER, who has extensive experience of dealing with Major international donors such as USAID, PEPFAR, BILL & MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION and others in this realm.
The purpose of the job is to provide coordination on of all stages of the grant funding process, from grant proposal writing and budgeting, to planning and implementation of grant programmes, and to finalisation of funding reports, thereby serving as support to Programme Directors.
Core functions and duties:
- Ensure that the individual program deliverables and objectives on the grant are met by the program teams.
- Ensure that there is regular and robust reporting on progress of activities and objectives by the programs as relates to the financial, administrative and programmatic components of the grant.
- Ensure timeous and complete submission of progress reports to the funder and other interested parties.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Lead efforts to improve existing processes and establish standards of practice for effective grant contract/sub-contract management.
- Provide broad technical contractual guidance to project team, including advising staff to ensure compliance with donor policies.
- Ensure that invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions are carried out effectively in order to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Analyse the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress on grant programmes.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
- Enable grant governance by ensuring the relevant structures are timeously convened and that action points are followed though by program teams.
- Continuously monitor and escalate emerging financial, operational and programmatic risks to the grant execution.
Skills requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or similar. Post-graduate degree is strongly advantageous particularly Master’s degree in Development Finance.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Grant Management, particularly in the Public Health sector.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive work experience in challenging finance/management roles, particularly in pre- and post-award grants management, and within the larger funder base.
- Sound experience in administering contracts and Donor Reports relating to grants.
- Experience with the overall management of grants funded by NIH, USAID, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and similar large international donors.
- Sound Project Management skills.
- Excellent communication, time management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent computer skills particularly on Advanced Excel for Donor Reporting.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.