PSA 694 ENERGY AND CLIMATE JUSTICE CO-ORDINATOR, CAPE TOWN
This exciting opportunity in this well-established Faith-based Environmental Non-Profit organisation aims to Co-ordinate effective Climate and Energy Justice campaigns that assert the nuclear build programme is inappropriate for South Africa’s energy future, especially in the context of Climate Change. Focal areas are in monitoring Government decision-making in this arena, and to build an understanding of climate change an energy, specifically nuclear energy amongst faith-based communities and members of civil society, while at the same time actively supporting activism within these areas. You will advocate for the implementation of ethical and socio-economic and ecologically just transition and a sustainable future for all.
Your responsibilities and duties will be:
- Setting up and oc-ordinating all Administrative and Logistical tasks associated with energy and climate-related project activities.
- Monitoring policy both climate and energy policies, with a focus on nuclear energy and translate this into accessible language and materials.
- Oversee coordination of research, campaigns and outreach, as well as attendance of relevant meetings / conferences / think tanks related to climate change and energy, in particular nuclear.
- Build awareness and capacity of faith communities and ‘champions’ on energy and climate justice as it relates to their faith and action.
- Build climate justice related networks and represent the organsiation in local, regional and global fora on climate and energy issues.
Essential Work Experience and Skills:
- Strategic experience in running campaigns and organising relevant groups and media in relation to these campaigns..
- Project coordination and report writing.
- Solid Policy and Research experience on energy and climate change, and In-depth knowledge of climate and energy issues.
- Presenting complex policy information, data and reports to affected communities.
- Community engagement through relationship building.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders and interested parties
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and be strategic in mindset.
- Always able to project the ethos and mission of the organisation to those who were in contact from any avenue.
- Ability to network with all levels of people, from local and national Government, Business Sector, to Church groups, and various on-line fora.
If you meet the above qualification, skills and work experience criteria, and see yourself being able to meet the objectives, please send your CV INCLUDING YOUR CURRENT SALARY to Pat Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY RELEVANT CANDIDATES WHO MEET THESE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.