This small, but expanding Non-Profit organization, working in community development and health support especially in the Eastern Cape, is looking to appoint an Executive Director, who will lead the new phase of growth and expansion of the organisation’s mission to support communities, especially those involving children impacted by HIV, Poverty, and poor Family support. You will lead the Senior Management team reporting to the Board of Directors, and play a key role with generation of funding, relationships with donors, partners and stakeholders both strategically and operationally, apart from overall accountability for the performance of the organization.
It is essential that you bring sound expertise from the Early Childhood Development field along with experience within the HIV/Health sector in this age group. Fundraising expertise is also a not-negotiable skill that is required in this case,
The ideal candidate will offer:-
- Goal-driven, energetic, proactive and visionary leadership with an accountable mindset, so as to achieve new areas of development and impact.
- Strong leadership in terms of output of all managers, including all financial reporting and leading annual audit process.
- Strategic management expertise in collaboration with the Board, and programme design in line with strategy, funding and capacity.
- Full and timeous Board reporting, compliance, good governance and upholding high ethical standards in all respects
- Lead Fundraising development, design bids, and management of Fundraising Committee and Business Development Manager.
- Expertise in strengthening the service provision through development of staff and key personnel, for current and future projects.
- Experience in working with international donors and other funders, and being able to write grant proposals, control budgets, and give accurate and relevant reporting as required by these entities.
- Strong relationship building and management of all internal and external relationships pertaining to success of this portfolio
The successful candidate will have the following :
- Masters or related post-tertiary qualification, (possibly in Organisational Development, Public Health, or similar) combined with 10 years of related Non-Profit Senior Management experience, including at least 3-5 years at Director level.
- Proven expertise in generating and securing multi-year grants from both local and international donors, and retention through relationship building in all areas of donor funding.
- Excellent communication skills and ability with strong capacity for imparting relevant information to staff/ teams, audiences, communities, and all relevant parties within a range of cultures and backgrounds.
- Advocacy and lobbying experience is highly desirable, as is the ability to network in relevant areas to the benefit of the organization
- Ability to scale up projects and programmes through organizational and donor support.
Ideally this candidate will be able to speak at least two South African languages, particularly English which is the language of business, and which needs to be both written and verbally sound. Strong computer skills on MS Office are essential
Please send CV and include annual salary level of current or most recent position. Certificates will be requested when interviewed.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.