HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION – CAPE TOWN
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Senior, Fundraiser who has extensive experience and networks within the Corporate and Business sectors in South Africa, and possibly international donors who are aligned to advancing higher Education and skills development in South Africa. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of the Higher Education environment to be able to target the relevant business donors and education funders. Only candidates who have been involved in generation of a minimum of R40 – R50 million per annum will be considered.
- Develop and deliver on the Organisational fundraising strategy within the overall strategic plan
- Oversee the fundraising governance and fundraising readiness of priority projects for possible corporate support and partnerships
- Establish, build, maintain and manage relationships with key SA, and international funders.
- Secure major donations through leveraging crucially important BBBEE opportunities available
- Effect these duties accurately and efficiently to adhere to sound financial, administrative and policies
- Develop and implement an overall fundraising plan to strengthen corporate giving.
- Interact with businesses, government and semi-government agencies
- Develop creative ways of promoting the institution to corporates taking into current BBBEE policies
- Increase year on year, the number of corporate donors and donations
- Growth by attracting new donors, retaining current ones and renewal of lapsed donors.
- Implement and oversee an effective stewardship programme
- Work within particular the Alumni Relations and Research teams in the Development and Alumni Department as well as the crucially important internal clients (faculties & project leaders) in order to strengthen corporate support.
- Manage the Corporate fundraising operational budget effectively and accurately
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Possess the maturity to handle sensitive and confidential matters professionally and with integrity
- Manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high proficiency and accuracy
- Be resourceful and independent, yet comfortable working within a strong team-oriented and
- integrated fundraising as well as communications environment
- Have good budgetary / financial knowledge, and excellent organisational skills
- Have an Honours degree or tertiary qualification at NQF level 8.
- Offer a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in an advancement/fundraising environment
- Have a sound knowledge of general fundraising practices and current trends in this area of work
- Offer a minimum of three years’ experience of managing a small team,
- Have excellent knowledge of SA corporate environment, BBBEE policies and Government agencies
- To have experience in developing and delivering on fundraising strategies and business plans
- Offer strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrable proposal-writing skills
- Have excellent computer skills (Presentations, Reporting and related correspondence and finances)
- To travel locally, nationally and internationally, and work evenings and weekends as required.
PAT STEWART of ANCHOR EXECUTIVE RECRUITMENT in Cape Town has been retained to source the selected candidates for referral to this Institution. Therefore, in order to assess correctly if you meet these requirements, and have relevant skills, in this arena, please send your CV, Motivational letter and current or recent SALARY to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.