Development Operations Engineer
This exciting opportunity is within a Non-Profit organisation whose mission is the use of technology in the tracking and management of HIV youth and adolescents, and who aim at the radical reduction of HIV/Aids within this target market, particularly young women.
Your duties will be to build, test, deploy and configure the IT Systems within the organisation, and you will work at the Head Office in Tokai, reporting directly to the Head of IT.
Your skills will be necessary to :
- Set up developer environment tools that support versioning and shared repositories
- Create a pipeline to automatically build and unit test all new software in the shared repository
- Set up automated testing tools simulating the live environment.
- Determine appropriate servers and services to use based on software requirements and cost
- Set up all applications and services required for the system to function effectively Oversee/deploy upgrades to servers and ensure ongoing stability of the system
- Have roll back procedures and tools in place in case of failure or loss
- Build in redundancies to guard against single points of failure of critical services.
- Automate the deployment of fully functional services to the live environment
- Automate the upscaling or downscaling of cloud server resources in response to demand Drive deployment models that allow multiple versions of services and applications to be available
- Automate and monitor the backup procedures§ Assist the IT Helpdesk with infrastructure related issues
- Help the development team with infrastructure requests or issues
- Assist with integrating new devices into the company's systems
- Implement monitoring dashboards to give alerts on the health of all systems
- Generate reports on system performance for management.
- Other ad hoc duties as necessary.
Ideally you will have the following :-
- B.Sc in computer Science or equivalent IT Degree
- A knowledge and interest in computer systems especially the latest technologies
- An analytical mind to benefit this highly agile environment
- Solutions architect certification a bonus
- Minimum of 5 years in a software development role and at least 4 years of building IT infrastructure.
- Strong experience in Cloud Services.
- Excellent leadership and good interpersonal skills
- Sound time management and organisational capacity
If you can offer these skills that are outlined, as well as the qualifications and personal attributes,please send CV and current income level to email@example.com