Head of Finance - Children's Hospital Trust
FLEXI - PART-TIME POSITION FOR A QUALIFIED CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT
The Children's Hospital Trust was established in 1994 with a vision to ensure that all children have access to high quality, accessible children's healthcare through sustainable funding. This position as Head of the Finance Department at The Children's Hospital Trust and The Children's Hospital Foundation plays a pivotal role in overseeing financial management, income and investment analysis, accounting systems, and processes, ensuring compliance and reporting to stakeholders. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills who will work closely with the finance team, and the Board appointed Treasurer, to ensure long term financial sustainability of the organisation.As a key member of the leadership team, the role also involves the management of a high-performing team and co-ordinate CHT finances to ensure goals and objectives are met.Reporting directly to the CEO, this position offers the added advantage of a flexible 20-hour work week, allowing for both office and remote work arrangements.
Your experience required will extend to the following responsibilities, but not limited to these.
- Prepare, present and report monthly management accounts
- Prepare and monitor/control organisational budgets
- Preparation and management of monthly payroll and leave administration, including the timeous submission of all related statutory returns;
- Accurate preparation and management of VAT calculations, including the timeous submission of the related statutory returns;
- In collaboration with the management team develop, implement and refine financial controls and procedures.
- Quarterly financial reporting and presentation at Board and Committee Meetings
- Management and coordination of the Annual External Audit of CHT
- Contribute to the due diligence process during the assessment of new projects
- Management of Finance Team
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL & EXPERIENCE
- Chartered Accountant or a Chartered Management Accountant with a minimum of 5 years financial management experience;
- Skilled in Advanced Microsoft Excel and strong Pastel accounting skills. Also soundknowledge of MS Office
- Familiar with Intercode or similar system
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Deadline driven and having excellent time managment skills
- Leadership skills and a strong team orientation
- Have sound knowledge of the King Code of Good Governance and how it aligns to the Trust's governance.